Samaritan’s Purse collects Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes filled with toys and other fun items and delivers them to children in need around the world in partnership with local churches.
This year, you can participate in three ways.
- Everyone is invited on Sunday November 7 after worship for our packing party. Shoeboxes and items will be available so you can build a box. We are gladly accepting donations of items to fill the boxes or money which will be used to purchase items.
- You can pack your own shoebox and we will take them to the local collection center. We have preprinted shoeboxes you can fill, or you can use your own. Shoeboxes will be available on Sundays or you can contact Leslie Leslie@PiedmontChurch.org
- You can build a shoebox online by going to https://sampur.se/3velhdw. With a $25 donation, you can click through options to build a shoebox that will be packed by Operation Christmas Child volunteers.
How to Fill a Shoebox:
– Select a quality “WOW” item such as a doll, stuffed animal, soccer ball with pump.
– Add toys such as toy cars, jump ropes, yo-yos etc.
– Other items to add: School supplies (pens, pencils paper), Accessories (socks, sunglasses, jewelry), Non-liquid Hygiene items (toothbrushes, bar soap, combs)
– A letter to the child
– Do not include candy, toothpaste, gum, used or damaged items, war related items, seeds, food, liquids or lotions, medicine, breakable items, aerosol cans)
– For additional ideas visit https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/pack-a-shoe-box/
Shoeboxes must be completed by November 15
Contact Leslie at Leslie@PiedmontChurch.org to arrange a time to drop off your shoeboxes at church, or to have them picked up at your home. You can also drop off at a local drop off location.