Children's Sunday School
Our Children’s Sunday School classes start at 10am Sunday mornings. We have very capable and dedicated volunteer teachers who faithfully focus their efforts on teaching, learning, and exemplifying the goodness of God so each of the children can grow in their faith and spiritual understanding. Our programs, teachers and environment create a special place for all of our children. Children who are in preschool through Middle School participate in our Children’s Sunday School Program. We are using Group Publication’s Dig In Curriculum. WE ARE FOLLOWING ALAMEDA COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT PROTOCOLS.
This year we are Digging into the Life of Jesus. Digging Into the Life of Jesus leads children in walking in Jesus’ footsteps from his birth to his resurrection and ascension. Children don’t just learn about the historical Jesus; they get to know him personally. They’ll discover that Jesus is a real person—a real friend—who makes a difference in their lives today. The stories come with crafts, games and parent activity pages to reinforce the message. We welcome children from preschool (3.5 years old) through middle school. Please contact Leslie Quantz with any questions.
―Let the children come to me ~ Mark 10:14
DIG IN Curriculum
The DIG IN Curriculum is a program produced by Group Publishing. The program creates experiences where children make discoveries, helping them to take ownership of their faith. DIG IN presents the Bible as real and relevant. Children understand the Bible is not full of distant, irrelevant principles, but is packed with rich meaning that applies to their lives today.
- DIG IN offers multi sensory, educationally sound experiences that immerse children in learning, rather than teacher talk that can result in boredom, disciplinary problems, and disengagement.
- DIG IN builds in time for children to talk to each other to process thoughts and concepts instead of only listening. Verbal participation helps to imprint Bible truths and capitalizes on the reality that for some children “interacting with my friends” is a key motivator to come to church.
- DIG IN lessons involve interaction, conversation, and storytelling. Children learn from adults who share their own faith stories, building trust, friendship, and a faith that sticks. Children practice relational skills that help them live out their faith beyond the classroom.
- DIG IN lessons make a clear point…not multiple confusing points.
- DIG IN uses one clear, child-friendly Bible point, presented through multiple learning methods, that makes it easier for children to grasp and remember what they’ve learned. Rather than hearing, “I learned about Jesus’ birth”, you might hear, “I learned that God does the impossible.”
This year we will be Digging into the Life of Jesus! Digging Into the Life of Jesus leads children in walking in Jesus’ footsteps from his birth to his resurrection and ascension. Children don’t just learn about the historical Jesus; they get to know him personally. They’ll discover that Jesus is a real person—a real friend—who makes a difference in their lives today.
If you have any questions, email Leslie Quantz at email@example.com.