Director of Communications & Marketing
JOB TITLE: Director of Communications and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor with a dotted line to the Board of Trustees (President)
RESPONSIBILITY: Increase the reach, awareness and effectiveness of internal and external communications, to drive PCC’s Strategic Plan for improved sustainability, vibrancy and communications.
- Develop, execute and optimize an always-on communications strategy and plan, defining, prioritizing and optimizing a mix of channels including, but not limited to, web, social, email, PR, search, blogging, direct mail, print and events, to increase new and repeat visitor attendance, and the number of engaged members.
- Create welcoming and compelling messaging to reach and attract first time and repeat visitors, emphasizing the spirit of PCC’s community, for a variety of communication channels including newsletters, Sunday bulletins, emails, blogs, PR, social media and other recommended channels.
- Lead communications and marketing, advising Staff and Lay Leadership as needed and collaborating with volunteers on boards, ministries, committees, teams, and the congregation to identify and drive coordinated communication opportunities between different ministries, ensuring marketing efficiencies, enforcing brand/messaging consistency, and elevating all aspects of PCC marketing and communications with innovative thinking that improves member engagement.
- Develop, share and maintain a MarCom metrics dashboard, comprised of appropriate KPIs, demonstrating performance of MarCom programs, including contribution to PCC’s growth strategy.
- Own all aspects of social media accounts and PCC’s website, including site performance, user experience, optimization and training, in collaboration with staff and volunteers, while supervising third-party contractors and agencies as needed.
- Seek, develop and nurture partner relationships with appropriate external community leaders, organizations, and media representatives as necessary.
- Continually engage in the life of PCC, and interact within its community, to develop greater understanding of the work of the church, and as inspiration for new MarCom content.
- Develop and manage in all ways the annual communications budget.
- Demonstrated expertise in current and emerging MarCom strategies and technologies (radio, TV, print, web, social media, etc.).
- Strong and proven managerial, written, verbal and visual communication skills (include 3 writing samples).
- Expertise in WordPress and Google Analytics for website management, optimization, and reporting.
- Be metrics-centric, with experience in developing strategic and tactical insights from marketing analytics data.
- Must be willing to work outside of traditional business hours, in order to attend required church events and meetings, including evening committee and team meetings.
- Have the ability to work positively and efficiently with diverse personalities and interests, including during stressful periods of time, both independently and as a team member, while collaborating in a professional and Christian manner.
DIRECT REPORT: A part-time Publications Coordinator
Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.