PCC's Engagement Survey - due October 15th
As you know, Piedmont Community Church is committed to improving our sustainability, vibrancy and communication so it can continue to thrive and further its mission to welcome, nurture and serve inside and outside the church community in its next 100 years.
A very important means of achieving those goals is by increasing our members’ “engagement”. Engagement is one’s emotional connection and sense of belonging to the church, not just involvement. When a congregation has a high percentage of highly engaged members, great things happen, such as serving others more, inviting others more, giving more, having a greater sense of life satisfaction, feeling cared for and appreciated, developing deep friendships, and more.
We have formed an amazing and diverse Engagement Team that will be guiding the engagement growth process at PCC this year. The Team is made up of members of different life stages, genders, PCC leadership experience, places of residence, length of membership, program involvement and more.
We don’t know how to grow engagement unless we know where engagement stands today. So the team’s first step in the growing engagement process is to understand your thoughts and feelings about the church via a congregational survey.
All surveys must be completed by 10/15. Your individual responses will be kept confidential and the overall results will be shared in early December
Who should complete the survey:
- All PCC members, even if you don’t come regularly. New members too!
- Friends of PCC who may not have joined, but who are committed to PCC
- We are hoping for 100% participation.
- One survey per person
How to complete the survey:
- Electronically on Survey Monkey, an online survey site at
- Paper and pencil.
Where to get the survey:
- Links to the survey will be in the Bulletin, Messenger, our website and an eblast. Or just type in
- Pick up a paper survey in the church office, or in Guild Hall after Sunday worship– fill it out there or take it home and return by 10/15.
When to complete the survey:
- Through 10/15
The Community Engagement Team – Robin Asbury, Eric Behrens, Anne Conneely, Debi Fitzgerrell, Kristine McCabe, Joe Scherer, Mary Margaret Sinnema, Rev. Dr. Don Ashburn and Rev. Dr. Bill McNabb